Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Nathan's 1st Day at FBC 8/28/07




For the first time in his life (and maybe the last lol) Nathan LEAPED out of bed this morning! I didn't even have to enter his room. He heard me in the hall and before I got close to his door I heard him say.. "I have to start my day" then leaping out of his bed he hit the floor and all I saw was a flash of boy racing to the bathroom to take a shower! He was very excited to be going to school! He put on his uniform and went down stairs to wake Shelby up to ask her how he looked!!! She being the good sister she is mumbled under her breath and told him to go away!! OF course I had to take pictures of this momentous occasion (which he did not like, but who cares I'm the mom and had to do it) After he ate and did his chores, we left a little early so I could stop and get him a 1st day of school surprise coffee! THAT made him smile all the way to school. Now when we got to school and he was walking in he totally played it cool. He acted as if it was no big deal and he had to be trying hard to keep the smile off his face that had been there all morning (teenagers!!!!) So here is a picture of my handsome 13yr old Nathan on his first day of 8th grade at Faith Baptist Academe

3 comments:

thekobernats said...

Nathan,

Congratulations making it through your first day of school! Give me a call if you need any tutoring.

Later,
Daniel Kobernat

CIDeJulia said...

Belinda, Your such an awesome Mom! How sweet of you to make his day even more special. Just wanted to let you know Nathan helped us stalk our janitor closets Wednesday at the Church, he is so great! Keep up the good work, it's paying off. Cindy

us said...

Belinda,
Ok, I'm doing the whole comment thing on something other than a family blog. I don't do this often so please feel free to feel priviledged. Did I spell that right??? Anyway, Nathan is a joy and he talked all the way to school this morning about the Aztec Indians. A different subject would have been nice, but at least we know he is learning. I love you lots. You better have a good weekend.
JRich